Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sewing for Myself


I have not done any sewing for myself in ages.   I needed a new dress and this polka-dot fabric was on sale at JoAnn's for cheap so I whipped up a dress and this belt made from scraps of vintage fabrics from the forties and fifties.  I picked up the buckle at the Brimfield Fair last fall.




 


Someone gave me these scraps that had been carefully cut into squares and saved in individual envelopes perhaps for a quilt that never got made?  They are very retro and remind me of necktie fabric.   Very fun to work with.




2 comments:

Terri said...

Loribeth, that is so cool! I love your new brown polka dot dress (wish you would model it for us!).
The belt you have designed is genius! I just love it when someone's "left behind" turns into someone's joy!
I am itching to make a dress myself!
Hugs,
Terri

alice lenhart said...

LOVE the belt. Very cool.