Saturday, January 21, 2012

Loving Crepe Paper

I am having fun dying crepe paper with glimmer mist and various paints and dyes.  It's sort of addictive to see what colors turn out.  I love the crinkly edges.  I might have gotten carried away with the brown at times.  My studio has been overtaken with streams of crepe paper garlands drying in the breeze.  Why don't I do these things in the summer??


Here is a little hand stamped cloth ribbon.  Getting in the mood for Valentine's Day.  I love making all things Valentine-y.


And here are some award ribbons I made using my crepe paper, glitter and old letters and fabric.  They are delicate but so much fun to make!



I edited these using Picnik which I just discovered is going away!  I am so bummed because I really like using that photo editing software.  It is so much easier and cheaper than photoshop and it has so many more features than Picasa.  Does anyone know of an easy to use photo editing software that is comparable??  If so, I would love to hear about it.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Beautiful Loribet!
You know I love playing with crepe paper! Your dying looks fab and the award ribbons are glorious! How fun!
Hugs,
Terri