Monday, January 21, 2008

Thrifting with a Friend

Had a great time checking out The Big Red Barn Antiques and Thrift Store. This was a wonderful find: Vintage trim on the original card and yards and yards of it... for only $3. I am a lucky girl!




This little fifties "beanie" reminds me of the hats they wore in the movie "Mona Lisa Smile" and a bonus is the pin comes off to be worn on a jacket...fabulous flowers!



Pipe Dreams! I just love this print...so kitchy and look at those curves. Thanks Peggy for talking me into getting this. I would have been kicking myself if I hadn't.




Don't you just love this vintage fabric? I really love the little girl with braids. I've never seen anything like it before.





What could be better than an afternoon at the Thrift Shops and lunch out with a good friend ( and enabler) who likes to browse as much as you do?! It's extra fun when you find a booth that has 50% off and the prices are good to begin with. This little clown figurine was just a dollar and I will find a way to use it somewhere. The embroidered tablecloth was also only $1 and it will surely find its way into doll clothes somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a first time visitor to Maminka Girl's studio I can tell you the joy of her craft not only permeates the room but the heart and soul of all she creates. Each project is carefully thought out and beautiful accomplished. These dolls are a must have for true collectors!