Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Doll of the Week: Three

Introducing Violet....This is one of my early painted canvas dolls. I made her in 1995 for a Valentine vignette that I was trying to create. She was made rather hastily and I am sort of cringing now when I see her face and body structure which is not up to my current standards. My doll making has progressed I think. There is something about her that I really like though and I bring her out at Valentine's Day. Her clothes are made from two vintage hankies and she stands about 18 inches. She can only stand because she is so stiff from being painted that the poor thing can never relax!



This button is great! I remember it being in my mother's button boxes as a child and am glad it now has a place of honor on Violet's cummerbund. Notice she even has little painted fingernails and toenails.





No comments: