Thursday, May 6, 2010

Days of Wine and Mothers

Here are some lovely Sunny Lavender pillows that I created for the gallery for Mother's Day. My whole studio smells soooo good! I love lavender. It really does soothe. The fabric is a very special vintage natural linen with embroidered daisies. I have avoided cutting into it but life is short. I can't take it with me.

Our local artisan group, The Walpole Artisans, is having a fundraiser called "Wine, Women and Song". It consists of wine tasting, education, appetizers and live entertainment. We needed to create centerpieces for some of the tables and here are my offerings: Wine Lover's Journals
I stamped some fabric and used vintage linen and lace to sew the cover. The inside is filled with wonderful Crane stock in two signatures and hand bound with a simple pamphlet stitch. The whole thing ties together with a wine cork and seam binding. Not being much of a wine drinker, I was quite proud to come up with something. Apparently there are people out there who record their wine tastings. It makes sense if you love wine. Perhaps I should be keeping a cookie journal!

1 comment:

josiahbeer said...

Loribeth, nice blog. I don't fully understand Facebook yet, but this is a neat idea. I'll have to browse around in both locations to see which offers what.