Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Island Projects

I have been dying to make these ever since I saw them on the very inspiring blog Resurrection Fern. When I saw this tutorial, I couldn't resist. One of things I wanted to do over vacation was teach myself to crochet. I vaguely remember being able to make granny squares in high school but have not crocheted since. It is supposed to be easier than knitting which I can do but I have to tell you, it was frustrating at first but I am slowly getting the hang of it. These turned out pretty good. The round one especially. The oval one I sort of made up the pattern to go with the shape of the stones so that is why it is a little wonky. It's true what they say in the tutorial: You can't make just one! When my husband saw these he just asked "why?".... sometimes he doesn't get it but he loves me anyway.

I thought I would share my find. This little bench made of recycled chairs and wood was just perfect for my clothesline. Now I really do have a little haven out there!
Off to gather more stones!



No comments: