Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Doll of the Week: Two

This is the second installment of my Doll of the Week feature: Russian Tea Cozy. Doesn't she have the greatest face! I got this doll by way of my mother who worked with a college professor who was traveling to Russia. She requested he find a doll for me and this is what I got...just love her. She is large (about 20 inches) and quite a beefy lady. I love her thin eyebrows. They remind me of some of the older ladies who pluck them all out and then draw in new ones... don't get that at all. She has the greatest mischievious expression and you have to wonder what she's thinking!Her face is pressed and molded cotton fabric. She has colorful cotton costuming and a very thick padded cotton underskirt for the cozy part. She could easily accomodate a large tea kettle.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Russian tea doll cozys and I collect them. I have 5 right now.
They have unusual expressions too.