Friday, April 18, 2008

Thursday Thrifting

Had the opportunity to stop in at my favorite antiques/junk shop "The Big Red Barn". I always find a few little things for not much $. Usually these things slip in unnoticed but it occurs to me that my husband reads my blog occasionally and this might not be a good thing. Not because of the money but because of the clutter/junk collecting factor. I married a minimalist and the poor man has been living with me and my "stuff" for nearly 30 years... love you sweetheart! Love the color of this vase and how it looks with these faded vintage hankies.
This was a cute couple although they need a nice sponge bath. I love the linen and lace doiley... will look good appliqued to something.

Great old fabric advertising tape and this little wooden figurine with the peeling paint just got to me... so forlorn. Maybe she will show up in a collage or assemblage in the future.



Love the prints on these cocktail napkins... each one different.



This was a nice yard of a vintage rural print... farms and villages and reminds me of the town where we live in New Hampshire.
















Great old poker chips in patriotic colors and a neat old Parker Bros game still in the original box.
That's it for today... happy thrifting where you live!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely finds! The mysterious little wooden guy is great, and I love the cocktail napkins!

Christine Crocker said...

Dear Loribeth,

such sweet treasures, I just love a good treasure hunt.
Your momma dolly with 5 babies is wonderful & so whimsical.

thank you for coming to visit me and for your lovely comments.

happy spring to you in your lovely New England,
Christine

Debbie Schramer said...

Hi Loribeth,
I sent you an email a while ago but it came back so for some reason I must have had your email address wrong. I just wanted to thank you so much for sending the wonderful little fabric pieces to me! I just loved them.....I am sure they will be really fun to use with my creations. So sorry it took so long to get back to you. Thank you so much!
Debbie

Lola Enchanted said...

what fabulous finds! I have been married to a minimalistic male for 16 years! We don't get agree on the clutter/junk issue! He hates it, I love it!!! Needless to say, lots of my stuff is in boxes. Sad, I know!! Happy thrifting to you as well!

misselaineous said...

just discovered your blog by clicking on "next blog"... never know what I'll find there...love the curtains blowing in the breeze, and your sweet handmades from vintage fabric. I collect old tablclothes and other vintage fabric pieces...have a ton up in the barn just waiting for inspiration to strike! Better happen soon...I'm not gettin' any younger :D *elaine*