Friday, August 29, 2008

Mixed Media Collage Jewelry

I'd like to introduce you to a newly published book written by my good friend Janette Schuster. I met Janette a couple of years ago when she came to a studio open house of mine. When she saw the old luggage stacked in the corner, vintage textiles and souvenir state plates on the walls, she knew we were kindred spirits. Janette is very clever with metal and makes beautiful mixed media assemblages and unique jewelry. She has made me look at metal and found objects in a whole new way... now I really can't throw anything away! You can purchase the book here. If you live near Walpole, New Hampshire Janette will be doing a book signing at the Walpole Artisans Cooperative Gallery on September 12th, from 6-8pm. There are lots of great projects geared for all levels in the book by Janette and other talented mixed media artists. Below are some excerpts:






This is actually some of Janette's work that I currently own. The above is called "Test Pilot". Her helmet is actually part of a grapefruit spoon!


This is "Country Squire" with his funky little hardware hat.




No comments: