Friday, April 9, 2010

Signs of Spring

Spring is here and the birds are nesting. Here is a little necklace I made from palest blue freshwater pearls, golden wire and vintage taffeta ribbon in the perfect shade of robin's egg blue.

I found the sweetest wooden boxes at the craft store and decoupaged images of birds from a vintage bird guide book.
Flowers are blooming too...here is a way to create them in fabric and wear them all year long.

Even the fish are jumping (and the cotton is high? a little too early for that I think). The little fishes made from vintage ticking stripe and cottons are filled with sweet smelling lavender buds that I picked up at the Boston Flower Show.
And lastly, the fairies are out and about and have woken up from the winter slumber. Here is a little quilted wall hanging that I created from some of my favorite worn old cottons, woolens, lace and velvet. It hangs from a little french laundry hanger.

2 comments:

Becky Shander said...

Hi Loribeth, It looks like we were both inspired by blue when creating our necklaces, and I love when coincidences like this happen. Your scrappy flowers are darling and so are your handmade dolls. Thanks for stopping by my blog and it's a pleasure to have connected.

Birgit said...

Hi Loribeth,

Love the fish! :)

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog -- I always enjoy getting feedback. :)

Currently, I have a little giveaway on my blog which is open until April 24.

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit