Saturday, November 5, 2011

This and That


I know I am a bit late for Halloween but I thought I would share my decorated front entrance.  We had a cold and raw night for Halloween here in New England and I had to shovel the walkway earlier in the day for the trick or treaters.  We had a few hundred despite the cold weather.  Tough Yankee kids too...some just wearing sandals and no coats to show off their costumes.


Same photo with Picnik's cool spooky textures which I love!


I didn't have any carved jack-o-lanterns this year (gasp!) because I waited to long too to get my pumpkins and I think the snow storm ruined them all.  I had bought these beautiful gourds earlier.  The little ones in front are called "Turks Turban".   I love the varieties of all the different gourds available.


Again, some cool and creepy textures.

And for something more cheerful and upbeat,  here is some WIP.  I am making a series of flower dolls inspired in part by Elsa Beskow's wonderful illustrations.  I will share more later.


No comments: