Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer Days

I have not been doing too much posting.  This heat really saps me of all motivation.  I thought I would share some pictures of the craft show I did at the Florediem Flower Farm.  It was a beautiful sunny day and HOT just as the daylilies like it!  It has been a while since I have done a show like this and I had forgotten how much work it is to set up, take down etc... But it is also a lot of fun and it was great to spend the day with my fellow Walpole Artisans.


My tent all set up... what a lovely setting!



The dayliles (over 400 varieties!) were at peak bloom.  We spent the evening before deadheading all the plants so that there were no faded blooms at all.  It was amazing the previous evening to see no blooms and then like magic the next morning to see all of this!



These were "the facilities" for the day and this was the sweetest cleanest outhouse I have ever seen!


I made this flower corsage for Leslie Honey who hosted the event.  It is made from hand dyed cheese cloth which I then hand painted to get more variation.  It was supposed to be a daylily but turned out more like a poinsettia!  She wore it proudly all day.  I wish I had gotten a photo of her and her helpers.  They worked like dogs digging daylilies all day long for their customers.   All in all a very wonderful day and we hope to make it an annual event.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Love your dolls!

Hugs
Diana

Terri said...

Hello Loribeth,
I know what you mean about the heat zapping you of strength!
It looks like your show was a great one. I love seeing all your creative projects in the tent! I hope you did really well for your efforts.
Have a happy and creative August!
Hugs,
Terri

Carole said...

Everything looks wonderful Loribeth and so many wonderful creations.

Cinderella Moments said...

This place looks amazing! I wish I could go over there and have a little picnic. I love the way your dolls looked on the table. So cute!
hugs,
Caroline