Thursday, December 6, 2012

Coming to America

I have created two sweet ornaments with tiny hand sculpted "Maminka's" of papier mache.  They were hand painted, situated in their little boxes with a background cut of vintage postcards.  The boxes are then covered in vintage papers, sealed with beveled glass and soldered.  They feature a curly hook soldered on and a rayon ribbon.  Dangling from the hook are vintage charms.   I think they make a unique tiny work of art that you can hang on your tree or leave hanging year round!

The only problem is trying to get a good photo of them.  The beveled glass and reflection is a real challenge.

These are both available in my etsy shop!


"Coming to America"



"Village Babushka"




2 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

That is so beautiful!
hugs,
Caroline

Terri said...

Oh my! These are totally sweet! I love that you put in miniature dolls! You are having a great time creating all your little boxes aren't you? I can tell! I would be too! You always amaze me with your incredible creativity.
Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Terri