Saturday, February 2, 2013

Giving In to Strawberries

I know that you are only supposed to buy fruit in season but after a long winter I am always seduced by the Florida strawberries in the market and although they cannot be compared to local June berries, some of them are not half bad.  When I ran across this recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Cake from The Pioneer Woman on Pinterest I couldn't resist giving it a try.   I am bringing it to a friend's house for dinner this evening and hopefully it will be yummy.





I used my new King Arthur baking pan with the ridges that are supposed to distribute heat evenly and it worked beautifully and the cake popped right out.





1 comment:

Terri said...

Mmmmmmmm.....you are speaking my language! Wouldn't a slice of your delicious cake go perfect with a cup of tea!
I love that it is an old recipe. I think you did a beautiful job.
I had not heard of the King Arthur cake pan with ridges. I will look for one.
Thanks so much for sharing your tasty post!
Hugs,
Terri