Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bits and Bobs




These are some Valentines I've been working on. I got the shoe idea from an issue of "Somerset Workshop"- love that magazine. These are fast and will be fun to send out. The little matchbox banner is one I made for my favorite Valentine sweetie Miss India.


Here is a good idea that I got from an old issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. It is also good for people like me who can't bear to throw out even the tiniest scrap of anything interesting (it's a problem, really). I took a dollar store photo album and stitched down the middle to make more small pouches. I think the article used a nice clear slide folder which would be good but this is what I already had lying around. It's fun to play with colors and textures and use these little "mini collages" for inspiration.

2 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

wow, I really like this idea! since I'm a pack rat too! I'm your swap partner for the birdy swap and I think we have a lot in commomn. Love your blog!

Ulla said...

Love the shoes! And the tiny banner - so sweet!!!