Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sweet Little Nest Swap

All the goodies that my Sweet Little Nest Swap partner will be receiving soon:
An old vintage postcard that I found in an antique shop and thought would go nicely.
This is my first swap and I've been dying to do one since I started reading blogs. This was a lot of fun and I hope my partner enjoys it. I took a wooden box and painted/distressed/stamped it. Added scraps of vintage wallpaper and a "nest" of shredded old book pages. It is tied with vintage seam binding.



The cover of the box is embellished with three tiny porcelain flowers that I purchased from etsy.




This paper brooch goes along with the swap and was inspired by those made by Connie Govea Stuart. I used bits of vintage lace.










Here is my little handmade woolen birdie in her nest. She is embellished with woolen felt flowers and a green glass leaf. Happy Spring!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...

i love the wedding doll, edith,and charlotte..
glad i was directed to you.

your sweet little faces
make me happy.
~CoNnIe

connieart@aol.com