Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sharing

My niece is getting married in May and I thought I would make her a cute apron in the same colors she is using for her wedding: pink and brown. Who knows if she will wear it, but I think it is really stylish... gotta love those polka-dots. Als0, I found this wonderful classic Betty Crocker Cookbook with all the basic information needed for the beginning cook. Lots of great recipes and pictures and advice for the bride. I will tuck in some of my favorite recipes (and advice, ha ha) also like the one below.

This recipe has been around for a while but it is so easy to throw together at the last minute when you have to bring something sweet and this stuff is SO addictive especially when you have that sweet/salty craving thing going on.
Saginaw Cracker Candy
One sleeve Saltine crackers
2 sticks (1/2 lb) butter
1 cup sugar
1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay saltine crackers along bottom of 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan. Melt butter in saucepan and add sugar. Boil about 3 minutes until mixture is thick and foamy. Pour over cracker base. Bake for 5 minutes until bubbly and slightly golden.
Remove from oven and wait a minute for it to stop boiling. (Careful...very hot!). Sprinkle bag of chocolate chips over and wait a few minutes for them to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over top. Chill until firm and crack into irregular pieces..
Caution: Sweet and Addictive!


1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh I could eat the entire plate. What a pretty site you have!